Sunday, December 7, 2008

blogworthiness?

can I take a moment to be extremely vain here (which I am completely not let me assure you)? ummm where has my tan gone?!?! hopefully when I go to cali over break I can fix this...haha.


So there are a couple of things I need to catch up on...I just got my quilt back from Quilting Arts! It was travelling with them to the International Quilt Festivals in Chicago, Long Beach, and Houston. It made it home safe and sound and now I can finally post pictures! Yay!

Sorry I haven't posted any artsy/crafty things lately. I am working on a new challenge quilt and it is coming along nicely. I am pretty excited about it. (Sorry for being so vague, but for now it must remain confidential/top secret.)

So I am challenging myself to practice complete and total silence this week. We talked about it in youth group today. I will take 15 minutes each day to be totally silent...to listen...to hear Him. No thoughts...nothing. just listening...sometimes I am not o good at listening so it is something I can work on.
this weeks song you ask? this one. oh and last weeks...this.

2 comments:

Sachan said...

Vain? Really. To me it looks like two pictures of you that is really original and beautiful.
You should fly to Malaysia and see how asian girls show vainess...
Nice quilt anyways!

Pearl said...

kayla! i got the magazine today!
you are a gorgeous girl and your work is amazing! i love it! thank you for the magazine again :)