Saturday, August 2, 2008

art journal pages and superhero photo challenge






Started an art journal yesterday after seeing the free video demo on donna downey's blog. I enjoyed the process very much. The pages are made out of layers of newspaper. I painted them with gesso and acrylic paints, then thread sketched around the edges with my machine. On one of the pages I did my footprints then later I saw the superhero photo challenge over on shutter sisters...self portrait of your feet. so there I was sitting in the window taking pictures of my feet with paint all over the bottom of them...
My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. My window seat is facing out the front of the house so the whole culdesac can see me, but if you had to take pictures of your feet you would sit in the window with the best natural light too you know...so there. I AM somewhat sane.

No comments: